Friday, March 11, 2011

Funk

Last night I watched the second to last episode of Glee season 1 regarding funk. The Glee team's rival plays cruel pranks that psyches them out and puts them in a funk before a competition, or something like that. Anyways, I was completely identifying with this theme of funk. I'm amidst one of my own and my funk is threefold, but I will only discuss 2 parts. One) I am in complete sympathy mode for my friend with the broken leg and I can't stop thinking about what this shocking development could be doing to her emotionally. Two) I am also finishing a novel about a twenty-something year old who is coping with the death of a parent and many other unfortunate events surrounding her transition into adulthood. I have sort of dragged myself into the world of this character and now I can see no way out but to finish the novel, tonight. This is why I hated summer reading lists from the 5th - 11th grades. They always contained some life lessons to teach us about survival and most often included death, doom, and gloom. Which I would avidly prefer to avoid in books. As I have the tendency to get wrapped up in the doom and live too vicariously through the afflicted characters' doom. Unfortunately, I let this novel slide past my radar. Third) Nope I don't want to talk about it, uh-uh no-way. Lets just say I have a lot on my mind.

Yoga tonight at 6, I may not be able to keep it together emotionally, but physically and mentally (forgetting everything exists) I plan to R.O.

No comments:

Post a Comment