Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Beware of these next year!

There's a candy bowl in my office that I have mentally blocked from vision for fear that I might empty its entire contents on impulse. Today, one such impulse came over me as I noticed the silver wrappings of three musketeer minis in said bowl. I resolved to eat just one and upon closer inspection I found that these candies were cherry and dark chocolate flavored for Valentine's day. Obviously, we are well into March so these candies were someone's discarded leftovers from last month. I generally dislike fruit flavored chocolates (excepting Ghirardelli Raspberry squares) but against my better judgement I tried one anyways. I don't know how I expected it to taste but I finally understood why they had remained untouched since Valentine's Day. It was reminiscent of the nastier cherry flavored children's medications of the 90s (I've heard that they've since improved these medicinal flavors). Its like the pharmaceutical companies discarded their bad recipes and Mars found them and thought chocolate could fix them. It was that bad, I think you understand my point. If not, surely you'll understand this illustration. I actually had to eat a tootsie roll to cleanse my palette...who even likes tootsie rolls?! Now that we are on the same page, please study this picture to know what to avoid next February 14th.


Don't be fooled by the silver wrapper!

No comments:

Post a Comment